An employer never wants to receive a claim for unfair dismissal. However, with a 90% increase in the number of Employment Tribunal claims following the removal of Tribunal fees in 2017, it has never been easier for a disgruntled employee to make a claim. Tribunal awards for unfair dismissal can lead to compensatory amounts of up to £89,493 (as of April 2021)
The People Connection can help represent you at an Employment Tribunal or help with Tribunal costs if the worst happens. If you need representation, we can call on the services of our specialist employment law barrister. We also offer an optional, cost-effective insurance policy that provides cover for defending Tribunal cases.
Whether you are a business owner or a HR manager and have received an ET 1 taking you to an Employment Tribunal, it is critical that you engage the services of an expert to assist you with defending your business.
The People Connection has over 17 years’ experience representing businesses at Employment Tribunals throughout the North- West and beyond dealing with a diverse range of claims including:
- Unfair Dismissal (including redundancy)
- Constructive Unfair Dismissal
- Dismissal due to pregnancy
- Wrongful dismissal – Breach of contract
- Workplace harassment
- Workplace or other discrimination (because of age, sex, race, sexual orientation, religion, or disability)
- Liability following transfer of undertakings (‘TUPE’ transfers)
- Whistle-blowing claims
- Health & Safety and Union-related dismissals
- Unlawful deductions from wages
By appointing The People Connection, you can rest assured that we will provide you with dedicated support, advice, and guidance throughout the whole process, from ACAS Early Conciliation, through to representation at the Employment Tribunal itself.
As with all our services, we adopt a personal approach designed to assist you through what can be a very time consuming and stressful process.